4 Tips To Finding Your Dream Wedding, Photographer
Updated: Aug 10, 2021
Do you have a wedding photographer for one of the most special days of your life? Does it perplex you to figure out how to choose who will chronicle your special day? We sat down with our premier photography partner, Keith Uehara Photography, to get tips on what to look for when choosing a wedding photographer.
When newly engaged couples look for a photographer to shoot their wedding event, there are a number of things to look for. Keith shares these tips to help to ensure couples choose the right person to capture their special day:
1. Lock venue. This is extremely important for two main reasons: venues have worked with lots of vendors and have a preferred list of vendors and you will find quality vendors for your wedding event.
2. Question to ask photographer. It’s important to vet your photographer’s experience and credibility, so here are some initial questions to ask:
• How long have you been photographing weddings?
• How many weddings have you shot? An experienced photographer who’s learned from his or her mistakes should have photographed at least 100 weddings.
• Do you have insurance? A professional who is insured should have at least a General Liability policy with $1 million in coverage. This demonstrates the photographer cares enough about his or her reputation to be insured. You never know what could happen on a shoot.
• Ask for references--corporate references. Again, the photographer’s reputation follows them wherever they go.
3. Client referrals. Ask the prospective photographer if any of his or her previous clients would allow you to call them. Again, a good reputable photographer would have a list of clients who’d vouch for their work.
4. Contingency plan. Ask the prospective photographer how he or she would handle a weather-related issue or if you became sick. Any professional would have a backup plan.
Learn more about our preferred vendor, local photographer Keith Uehara and his work around the world, at http://www.keithueharaphotography.com