We recently went behind the scenes of a wedding in Hawaii to witness how bridal couple, Rachelle and Derek, customized Wedding Estates Hawaii venue, The Point at Puuiki, to make it their own. It was really fun and exciting because the wedding décor, the bridal party, and the location reflected the dream wedding they wanted to share with those who matter most in their lives. Here are things that we witnessed.
1. Setting up for the wedding. Wedding planners from Tropical Moon Events, came earlier to set up wedding venue. The color theme was teal and white, incorporating their Filipino heritage with the groom and his groomsmen wearing the barong tagalogs (traditional Filipino embroidered shirts). Chairs for the ceremony were arranged facing Ka`ena point to capture one of the most beautiful views on the North Shore. A lounging area setup with a boho flair. The musician was doing a sound check and the sushi chef was prepping to serve the guess after the ceremony.
2. Arrival of the guests. We arrived just as guests were pulling up and parking. They walked across the property and took in the beautiful view. Some wandered to Star Bar Hawaii to get a pre-ceremony beverage.
3. Organizing the bridal party for the ceremony. The bridesmaids and groomsmen we’re on site, situating themselves to walk the processional line. Originally, there were four flower girls, but one of the very young ones was not going to have it! The two ringer bearers were stylish in their matching outfits and brown oxford shoes.
4. Ceremony. The procession started out with family and bridesmaids and groomsmen with flower girls and ring bearers in tow. You can get a more splendid backdrop at the altar as they had that day. The photographer did a great job of capturing the moment. The father of the bride attended in spirit.
5. Groupie shot! After the ceremony, the bride and groom were introduced As a couple, then did an informal meet and greet with their guests, then took a wedding party and guests groupie shot, which was so fun.
Weddings are so fascinating because they reflect the personalities and important elements important to the couple. Wedding Estates Hawaii was so honored that Rachelle and Derek chose our venue, The Point at Puuiki, to share one of the most important events of their life with us. Congratulations!